Tuesday, October 20, 2015
8am to 4pm
Stillwater Place, Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
3900 Wildlife Way
Cleveland, OH 44109
2019 AND BEYOND – THE WHOLE-WATERSHED VISION
June 22, 2019 will mark the 50th anniversary of the infamous fire in the ship channel. There will be hoopla.
We’ll make a big deal and pat ourselves on the back for having come this far toward restoring a living river.
Once the party’s over, and forever after, the work of restoration and protection will go on.
On October 20, 2015, we’re going to think big and imagine a healthy, living, restored river and watershed.
From Burton to Lake Erie, the Cuyahoga is becoming more and more a destination for recreation, a resource to grow on, and an asset to invest in. How will we keep the momentum going? What will the future hold?
This is the time for the parks, the people, the planners and the politicians to participate in discussions on:
- Recreation – more people visiting and using the river, the Cuyahoga River Water Trail and new land trails
- Changing Lands – the impact of restoration on communities, urban forests, backyards, and infrastructure
- Stream Masters – the people and organizations doing the work, and new tools for making change
- Restoration in Progress – the Area of Concern, the state of restoration, what’s next and what’s needed
- Busting Barriers – what’s obstacles need to be overcome, and how do we do that?
- The Big Picture – imagine what a living river and healthy watersheds could mean for the region’s natural resources, health, economy, population, and growth
Register now at cuyahogariver.org!
For more information, contact Jane at 216-241-2414 x610
or email email@example.com
Sponsorships and exhibit space available – contact us!